Wednesday 8 July 2015

NUS Commencement 2015

Had my graduation ceremony last evening at the University Cultural Centre, and I brought mum and dad along, together with L. My brothers were supposed to come along but my ballot for the additional tickets wasn't successful and I also didn't know that spare invitation cards were actually available on the evening of the ceremony (subject to availability).

Before leaving house, mum and dad gave me a huge surprise!


These were set up very nicely on the bed for me! Made me beam till my teeth felt like they were gonna detach from my gums. Sweet, sweet parents (: I always loved soft toys but mum dislikes them because she said "they'll collect dust and make the room look messy". This time I requested for a soft toy from her for my graduation. She had been declining this request but who knew, I got that cute lil' doggy pillow plush as a surprise! And dad went out early in the morning to order that pretty sunflower bouquet for me! These were like so "awwwwww!"

Know the reason behind my joy and happiness last evening? I was able to have the opportunity to give mum and dad the honour of attending the ceremony as VIP guests. I was happy seeing them happy (: I guess things would have been very different if the two of them weren't there, I wouldn't be that excited to go up that stage to collect the scroll and medal.




Came home, and I got yet another surprise from my younger bro who got me a surprise Swensen's ice cream cake! I tell you, I was mighty touched I teared a little because I never expected bro to prepare such a surprise for me!



Whose younger bro does such a sweet thing! It was extremely unexpected because bro had not been vocal about my graduation so I thought he might not have cared about this whole thing, but who knew, it turned out different. Love my family so so much, look at the support I've garnered from them! I'm going to have to say this even though it might sound boring since everyone's singing the same tune:

I'm so thankful of my family, my loved ones and all my friends who have showed me so much support and have encouraged me to work hard and achieve what I have today. No number of thank yous can show how much I appreciate what you all have done for me.

To the friends who cheered for me when I went upstage to collect my scroll (you know who you are :p), thank you so so much. I've been able to enjoy my journey in NUS thanks to you guys (: Again, I might not have been sufficiently vocal about it but oh my, I love you guys so much even though the time we spent together might not have been as long as many of our other close-knitted coursemates.

Ah, so much love in this post. I shall stop being longwinded here and continue smiling about the love and care I've gotten from all these awesome people.

 
BIG BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOU PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment